Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.thebanffblog.com.
1. Information We Collect and How We Use It
a. Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website:
- We may collect personal information, such as your name or email address, when you interact with our website.
- Examples of voluntary submission include leaving comments, subscribing to newsletters, or filling out contact forms.
- You can create a user profile with a username and password. While we store your username, your password remains private.
b. Information We Collect from Others:
- If you link your Facebook, Instagram, or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address, and profile picture associated with that account.
- The Facebook commenting system may display your profile picture if you comment on a post.
c. Automatically-Collected Information:
- When you use our website, we automatically collect certain information, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, referring website, pages viewed, and timestamps.
- We may also gather data about actions you take on our website, such as clicking on links.
- We employ both session cookies (expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (remain until deleted) to provide personalized content.
2. How Your Information May Be Used
We use collected information for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Operating and maintaining the website.
- Creating user accounts and personalizing the website.
- Sending promotional information like newsletters with clear opt-out instructions.
- Sending administrative communications, such as technical notices and security alerts.
- Responding to comments or inquiries.
- Providing user support.
- Tracking and measuring advertising.
- Protecting against unauthorized or illegal activity.
3. Third-Party Use of Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to do so. We also work with the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics: Tracks website usage and provides analytical data. It may capture your IP address but no other personal information.
- Flodesk: Used for email updates and newsletters, storing your name and email address.
Your personal information is not shared with other third-party applications, but this may change over time. We won’t sell or distribute your email addresses or personal information without your consent, except when required by law or in connection with certain business transactions.
4. Anonymous Data
We may use anonymous data for marketing and advertising purposes. This data does not identify you individually and may include information collected from cookies or analytics.
5. Publicly Visible Information
Certain information may be publicly visible if you create a user profile or leave a comment. This includes your username, avatar, profile description, and website information. You can also link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google accounts.
7. Display and Retargeting Ads
We may use third-party advertising companies and cookies to serve content and advertisements, including retargeting ads based on your past visits to our website.
8. Affiliate Program Participation
We engage in affiliate marketing, which includes embedding tracking links with cookies. These links may be used for tracking sales and commissions. We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, Affiliate Program By Booking.com, and Viator Travel Affiliate Program.
Our newsletters may contain tracking pixels, enabling us to see if and when you open an email and which links you click for future content personalization. This data is not shared with third parties.
10. Rights Related to Your Personal Information
You have several rights related to your personal information:
- Opt-out: You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time.
- Access: You may request access to your personal information.
- Amend: You can request updates or amendments to your personal information.
- Forget: In specific situations, you may request the erasure of your data.
Please note that certain information may need to be retained for recordkeeping purposes or as required by law.
11. Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect sensitive personal information, such as social security numbers, race, health, etc.
12. Children’s Information
Our website does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you believe we have such information, please contact us for prompt removal.
13. Contact Information
Our Advertising Partner Policy
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising(Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.